Membership entitles you to use the studio space and facilities after participating in an induction, and on booking and payment of hire fee. It also entitles you to:
- participate in classes, workshops, lectures and demonstrations
- receive e-newsletters, mail-outs and exhibition invitations
- be considered for exhibitions and projects organised by Castlemaine Press
- apply to be a Castlemaine Press studio volunteer
- be eligible to use the Castlemaine Press website to promote other printmaking ventures
- vote at the Annual General Meeting
- nominate members for the Castlemaine Press Committee.
Annual membership rates
Full (standard) $75 plus one-off upfront equipment fee of $20 = $95
Full (concession) $50 plus one-off upfront equipment fee of $20 = $70
Concession: Health Concession Card holder/pensioner/student/unemployed.
Membership categories: Unsupervised access is available to full members who are experienced printmakers, or are graduates in printmaking at diploma or degree level. Supervised access is available for full members who have completed a weekend workshop at the studio, or similar place.
Opportunities for members
When paid or sought-after opportunities are organised by Castlemaine Press, members will be given the opportunity to express interest in those roles1. The process is as follows:
- the opportunity will be promoted and Expressions of Interest called for via email to all members and the Castlemaine Press e-news
- Expressions of Interest are to include a brief CV and an indication of how you would approach the role or project (maximum one page)
- Expressions of Interest will be assessed by a panel made up of 2 Committee Members and 2 General Members (each having the option to stand down and be replaced when they would like to express interest in an opportunity themselves)
- The Panel recommends selection to the Committee of Management, and the Committee decides.