2021 Session dates:*
Term 4: 2pm-5pm:
October 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6, 20
Cost $35 per session (COVID vaccination certificate required – please email a copy to the Press when you book)
A series of lightly-guided group studio sessions for Press members; ideal for beginner and intermediate printmakers looking to consolidate skills and broaden their technical range.
• Bring your own print projects to print at the studio and explore your print practice with guidance from an experienced printmaker
• Refine core print studio skills such as setting press pressure for different media
• Make prints in a deeply creative learning environment
• Printmaking discussions and demonstrations
First time participants must book a minimum of 2 initial sessions ($70)
BOOK NOW through Eventbrite
Basic studio materials included, participant provides all other materials. Numbers limited.
Be part of our annual Saturday Sessions Pop up Show!
Friday 3 December, 5:30-7pm
Saturday Sessions members are invited to exhibit in our Saturday Sessions Pop Up Show.
CLICK HERE for more info.
All Saturday Sessions printmakers must first complete a studio induction.
Inductions are FREE and available 12pm-12.45pm on Saturdays prior to each afternoon Saturday Session.
2021 Induction dates:*
Term 3: 2pm-5pm: July 24, 31, August 7, 14, 21, 28, September 4
Term 4: 2pm-5pm: October 9, 16, 23, 30, November 6, 20
Bookings via Eventbrite
Independent Studio Hire
Press members looking to work towards independent studio hire may attend Saturday Sessions to consolidate their skills and understanding of print studio practice. Attending sessions does not automatically ensure independent studio hire access. Approval for studio hire is based upon assessment of individual competency by, and at the discretion of, the Press Committee.
* Note: * Dates may be subject to change. * Saturday Session and Induction availability is subject to Covid-19 government restrictions. COVID vaccination certificates are now required for physical entry into the workshop.
Melissa Proposch is a practicing printmaker, and founding member and Vice Chair of Castlemaine Press.