2021 Session dates:*
Term 1: 1pm-4pm: February 6, 13, 20, 27, March 6, 13
Term 2: 2pm-5pm: April 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, June 5, 19
Terms 3-4: to be advised
Cost $35 per session
A series of lightly-guided group studio sessions for Press members; ideal for beginner and intermediate printmakers looking to consolidate skills and broaden their technical range.
• Bring your own print projects to print at the studio and explore your print practice with guidance from an experienced printmaker
• Refine core print studio skills such as setting press pressure for different media
• Make prints in a deeply creative learning environment
• Printmaking discussions and demonstrations
First time participants must book a minimum of 2 initial sessions ($70)
BOOK NOW through Eventbrite
Basic studio materials included, participant provides all other materials. Numbers limited.
Be part of the annual Saturday Session Pop up Show!
Saturday Sessions printmakers are also invited to exhibit works made during the sessions in the annual Saturday Sessions Pop Up Show at Castlemaine Press in December 2021. Entry $20. More details provided in Term 4 and subject to Covid-19 restrictions.
All Saturday Sessions printmakers must first complete a studio induction.
Inductions are FREE and available 12pm-12.45pm on Saturdays prior to each afternoon Saturday Session.
2021 Induction dates:*
Term 1: 12pm-12.45pm February 6, 13, 20, 2, March 6, 13
Term 2: 1pm-1.45pm April 24, May 1, 8, 15, 22, June 5, 19
Bookings via Eventbrite
Independent Studio Hire
Press members looking to work towards independent studio hire may attend Saturday Sessions to consolidate their skills and understanding of print studio practice. Attending sessions does not automatically ensure independent studio hire access. Approval for studio hire is based upon assessment of individual competency by, and at the discretion of, the Press Committee.
* Note: There will be no Saturday Sessions or inductions on March 20 & 27 2021 during the Castlemaine State Festival * Dates may be subject to change. * Session availability is subject to Covid-19 government restrictions.
Melissa Proposch is a practicing printmaker, and founding member and Vice Chair of Castlemaine Press.